Monday, May 19, 2008

The Travels of Super Kallie


Hi friends! Boy oh boy have I been busy. This travel thing can wear a puppy out. I must confess however that my old addition is still with me and I had a couple of bad days where my mom and dad were about ready to tie me to a tree and leave me (but I knew they would never do that in a million years). But even when I was really bad my mom would hold me in her lap as long as I didn't try to wash her face for her.

I have had so much fun playing in the snow for the last four days. Here in Yellowstone National Park the snow in the camp ground is two to three feet deep in spots. It is a whole lot taller than I am and I have had so much fun digging and burying my face in the hole I dig. Sometimes I just ran and dove into a pile of it and rolled or ate a big mouthful of those little icy crystals. My big sister is not as crazy about it as I am...she says the cold makes her joints ache.

Today we had to move on and leave the snow area and I am afraid that places without it won't be as much fun for me as this has been. Oh, I forgot to tell you I met a really nice boy at our campground. His name is Max and he is a fellow Golden Retriever, just 7 months old. He is so handsome with his shiny dark copper fur. Max was real nice to me and very much of a gentlemen. He never got angry with my biting and barking. He even let me stand on top of a snow bank so I was nose to nose with him. Ah the fond memories of that first summer romance. Maybe someday I will get to go to Las Vegas and try to find Max.

No comments: