Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Lesson of Life


Yesterday I learned one of those hard lessons of life. Just because I find something and I think it smells interesting doesn't mean that I should eat it. I have eaten sticks and pine cones, grass and flowers, dug up roots and all sorts of interesting things in my mom's flowerbeds (she really gets upset with me). But yesterday, I found some wild turkey droppings and I don't mean spilled Kentucky sippin' whiskey. Well, I'm here to tell you it is BAAADDD STUFF. And the good news is that I am here to tell you that because I spent all day yesterday throwing up and being sick...reallllly sick. I was supposed to go to the vet for some more shots but they wouldn't give them to me because I was sick. My mom says she hopes I learned my lesson. My dad told her that like most kids I probably didn't learn anything. We will see!

But that was yesterday and today I am back and raring to go. We went back to the vet and got the rest of my booster shots so I am ready to go on this long adventure with my folks. We are going to go see all kinds of interesting things and places. The thing I am not sure about is that I will have to spend so much time in that crate thing that they call a "doggie taxi". Who are they kidding? Everyone knows that a taxi has two seats and windows that roll down and even a trunk where you can put your luggage. We had a test run last weekend when I got to stay in the motor home overnight. It went pretty well but I prefer grass to asphalt. My dad says I will gets lots of new experiences on this trip so I need to go start packing my favorite toys since I can't take them all. He also says that we will try to write to everyone during the trip but he gets pretty busy some times and forgets.

Have a great remainder of the Spring! I love my big sister!!

1 comment:

flkmsclvr said...

I hope we get lots of updates on Kallie's Big Adventure. She is destined for a children's book...